Saturday, October 04, 2014

Heartfelt Creations - Semifinalist Project 1

Happy World Card Making Day! I am getting a late start today, because I have a bit of a "summer" cold. It is super hot here, and I am running the AC like crazy...of course I would catch a cold. It is supposed to be around 90 again today...and me no likey!

Anyway, I wanted to share a card today, since it IS WCMD! I created this card as part of my semifinalist submission for the Heartfelt Creations design team call. They sent me the paper pad, two stamp sets, and a die set from the Classic Sunflower Collection and said, "Make some stuff!" 


This card was my "simple" creation. I used ONLY the paper pad and a few embellishments from my stash. Part of what Heartfelt Creations has been doing with the newer releases, is putting "quick cards" into the paper packs. I wanted to show that I was able to use the pre-printed, quick card images and the paper to make a no fuss card!

Here are the instructions to make this card:

Trim black cardstock to 4 1/2 x 12 inches. Score at six inches to make a top-fold, 4 1/2 x 6 inch card. Trim plaid paper to 4 3/8 x 5 7/8 inches. Rub edges with Distress ink. Wrap plaid panel with a length of green ribbon, attached ribbon at the back. Attach plaid panel to the card front. (We will add the bow later.)


Trim polka dot paper to 1 1/2 x 5 5/8 inches, rub edges with ink, and mat with black cardstock. Attach to the center of the card. Trim word art paper to 2 x 5 inches, rub edges with ink, and mat with black cardstock. Attach to the left of the polka dot panel. Trim image from printed paper, rub edges with ink, and mat with black cardstock. ( I don't have the Cut Mat Create Collection, so I used a corner rounder to round my edges.) 


Using foam squares, attach image to the center of the card. From printed paper, fussy cut out two small flowers and two leaves. Shape and attach to the bottom of the image. Trim the sentiment from printed paper and attach to the right side of the image using foam squares. 


Create a bow from green ribbon and add to the upper right corner of the image. Add two sequins to the center of the ribbon. Add more sequins to the card as desired. 


Trim light colored printed paper to 4 3/8 x 5 7/8 inches. Rub edges with ink and attach to the inside of the card. 


Heartfelt Creations Products Used:

Other products used: 
Cardstock: WorldWin Cardstock (Treasures Black)
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink (Vintage Photo)
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon (green diamond satin)
Sequins: Craft Medley
Corner rounder: EK Success
Adhesive: Scotch 3M tape, Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares, Beacon Fabri-tac

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful....love all the layers and your flowers are fabulous. Good luck (not that you will need it) on getting on the team because your are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Gloria! Love all of the layering. You always make it looks so easy. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we vote again?? "Cause I really want you on that team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is lovely! Typical Gloria style! I love the way you let the pretty papers do all the heavy lifting! Good luck again dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your green ribbon and the fussy cut sun flowers. I love your details and layers. I like Heartfelt stamps. Since the weather here dropped 50 degrees in less than a week savoring anything with flowers., knowing that all will be under snow sooner than I would like. I hope your cold passes soon and that Heartfelt adds you to their team.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Love all the layers. Fingers crossed! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even the inside is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete