Sunday, June 12, 2016

Father's Day with Emerald Creek!

Emerald Creek Dares

I am so excited to be a guest at Emerald Creek, an online store specializing in custom embossing powders, art stamps, and a wide range of Ranger products. I have a Father's Day card to share for my post today.
Making masculine cards is a fun change for me, taking me away from all the flowers and do dads and such. I still had to add some bows...but they are manly bows! I Wanted to play around with the metallic paper and the custom embossing powder that I got from the Emerald Creek store. I think it came out pretty cool, if I say so myself!

A few years ago, I found a technique for adding patina to embossed paper (see that technique HERE). I thought I would try a variation of that technique with the Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Metallic Collection Cardstock. I started out by embossing the metallic paper with the Tim Holtz Alteration Pocket Watches embossing folder. I swabbed on some embossing ink and then heat embossed with the Hot Stuff Oil Rubbed Bronze Embossing Powder. {Swabbed is a technical term meaning to rub in a careless manner.}
I stamped the Father's Day sentiment onto the Graphic 45 Good Ol' Sport paper with Ranger Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. I also sponged some of the ink around the edges of the paper. I "swabbed" more embossing ink onto the corner of the paper and heat embossed with the Oil Rubbed Bronze powder.
I repeated the process of adding embossing powder to the lower right corner of the blue numbers paper before adding the paper to the card.
I layered the metallic paper with some printed paper, then I added the other elements with foam tape. I added a strip of burlap behind the sports paper border strip. I glued a metal clock, a large canvas bow, some twine, and a metal gear to the left side of the card. (The card is 6" x 6".)

As always, I decorated the inside of the card, too!

Thanks for joining me today! Make sure you check out the Emerald Creek Store and the Dare Challenges!

Emerald Creek:
Distress Inks - Gathered Twigs
Other:
Cardstock: Black, Ivory
Paper: Graphic 45 Good Ol' Sport Paper 
Embossing Folder: Tim Holtz Alterations Pocket Watches
Clock and Gear:Tim Holtz Idea-ology
Trims: Really Reasonable Ribbon Natural Jute Ribbon, Natural Burlap String,  Canvas Ribbon (similar product here: Canvas Color Band)
Tools: Sizzix Big Shot; Martha Stewart score board, heat tool
Adhesive: ATG tape, Scor-tape, hot glue

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous my friend. I'm off to see about that embossing powder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read this 3 times today. I am so thrilled by the techniques. I definitely need some to the paper and that embossing folder. You are a delight and it was truly my honour to have you as a guest designer. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete