Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Celebrate the Season with CutCardStock

If you are looking for the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Tutorial, please click HERE.

Hello and welcome! it is once again my turn on the CutCardStock Blog! I think it's past time to start making those Christmas cards! Our November theme is the colors of Christmas: red, white, and green! All cardstock in our theme color is on SALE at the CutCardStock Store!  
I created a Clean and Simple card in the theme colors. I love traditional colors, with pops of blue and pink, so I used some of those colors in my image. I have been coloring a lot lately, getting ready for Copic Boot Camp! I do not want to embarrass myself at camp! I leave tomorrow afternoon for 4 days of coloring fun! Read more about it HERE.

If you love to color, this type of card is quick and easy to make! If coloring is not your thing, you can used a pre-made image for your focal point.

Directions:
1. Cut Mars Stardream Metallic Cardstock to 10 3/4" x 4 1/8". Score on the long side at  5 3/8" to make a top-fold card 5 3/8" x 4 1/4". 

2. Trim Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock to approximately 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" and emboss with Distressed Stripes embossing folder (Cuttlebug). Trim the embossed panel to 5 1/4" x 4" and attach to the card front.

3. Use a Scallop Rectangle Frame die template (My Favorite Things) to trim a piece of Fairway Stardream Metallic Cardstock.  
4. Use thin pieces of foam adhesive to attach the frame to the card front. (For those of you who just fainted because I did not use printed paper, get off the floor and pay attention!) 

5. Stamp an image onto Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock with black ink (Power Poppy). Color the image with Copic markers. (See listed colors below.) Add glitter to the Christmas balls with a clear sparkle pen. (I actually used Atyou Spika pens, but you get the same look with the pens I linked above.) The sparkly is hard to see in the photo, as it comes across as smudgy lines rather than sparkle. 
6. Use a stitched rectangle die cut template (Elizabeth Craft Designs) to cut out the image. Mat the image with a piece of Mars Stardream Metallic CardstockUse foam squares to attach the image to the card front.

7. Tie a bow from green gingham ribbon and glue to the upper left corner of the card. Glue three metal bells to the card as shown.

8. Cut two pieces of Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock to 5 1/4" x 4" and line the inside panels of the card.

Thanks for looking!


CutCardStock:
Mars Stardream Metallic Cardstock
Fairway Stardream Metallic Cardstock
Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock
Double-sided Adhesive Squares
Double-sided Adhesive Strips
Double-sided Adhesive TapeScor-tape
Tombo Mono Multi-purpose Liquid Glue


Other:
Stamp: Power Poppy Bough Wow Wow
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copic markers: B12, B14, B16, Y06, Y13, Y15, Y17, C00, C1, C3, C5, R27, R29, R37, R59, YG03, YG05, YG11, YG17, YG25, YG67, RV17, RV19, RV66, B0000, E74, colorless blender
Sparkle pens: Atyou Spica Lipstick, Buttermilk, Baby Blue, Clear
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon Celery Green Plaid (similar)
Bells: Darice
Dies: My Favorite Things Stitch Rectangle Scallop Frames, Elizabeth Craft Designs Stitched Rectangles

3 comments:

  1. A very lovely Christmas card and wonderful tutorial. I'm ready for the holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Great creation!

    ReplyDelete