Sunday, April 16, 2017

Make a Wish

Welcome to another Conie Fong Art and Design project! It is my turn to post today and I have an inspiration project for you.
I colored Bella Sending You Smiles with Copics and created an A2 card with the image. Creating a project with pink, red, and yellow was a challenge! But, finding printed papers in the correct hues made it all work out! Once again, I have joy in my vast paper stash!

After I had the image colored, I cut it out with a stitched rectangle die template. Once I chose my papers, I realized that the bright white paper I used for my image was a bit...well...white! So I used Old Paper Distress Ink to "tone it down" a bit. 
I loved coloring Bella! I wanted her fur to look "teddy bear-ish," so to achieve that look I colored her fur ONLY, then let the ink dry. I used colorless blender solution to dampen a terry cloth rag, which I then pressed onto Bella's fur to give it that fuzzy look. After the ink was dry again, I colored the remainder of the image.

I dug through my vast stash of sentiment stamps and found one that seemed to work with the image. I stamped the sentiment onto a scrap of paper and cut it out with a banner die template. I also found a birthday message to stamp onto the inside of the card.

For more inspiration, visit the Conie Fong Facebook Group!  




Digital stamp: Conie Fong Art and Design 
Bella Sending You Smiles
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon Peppermint Baker's Twine
Copic markers: Y11, Y13, Y15, Y32, Y35, Y38, R24, R27, R29, R37, R89, B0000, B000, B00, B02, B23, RV 10, RV11, RV19, YG06, YG09, W00, W1, W5, E0000, E000, E00, E04, E11, E21, E40, E41, E42, E43, E44, E47, BV02, BV04, YR27, BG0000, BG02, BG05, BG07, BG10, Colorless blender
White pen: Sakura Gelly Roll
Enamel heart: Recollections
Clear stamps: Papertrey Ink Stylish Sentiments: Birthday
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Old Paper
Dies: My Favorite Things Fishtail Flag Stax and Layers; Elizabeth Craft Designs Stitched Rectangles
Printed paper: My Mind's Eye Lost and Found 3 Ruby, Miss Caroline Dilly Dally
Cardstock: CutCardStock Basis Brown, White; Hammermill Digital Copy 100#
Adhesive: ATG tape, foam squares, hot glue

3 comments:

  1. Oh Gloria, this is so darn cute! Great coloring by the way too.....

    Chris B
    http://thecardphilelady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card, Gloria. I love your color choices--they work so well throughout the whole design. Thanks for sharing this and the helpful tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card.
    Love this image and how you coloured her up!!

    ReplyDelete